I would like to bring to your attention the poor driving skills and don’t care attitude of the driver who drove a Metro bus from the city to Florida/ Roodepoort, on 10 October at about 6pm. The bus’ registration number is FK 58 BD GP.
The driver committed a couple of traffic violations that evening:
– The first was a failure to indicate when changing lanes – he almost bumped into my vehicle on Ontdekkers Road.
– He was speeding, driving at about 100km/ hour in an 80km/ hour zone with a bus full of passengers.
– He also drove over an area where you are not allowed to drive or stop as you turn from Ontdekkers Road into Beacon Road.
–The driver sped down that road at about 110km/ hour, driving over both lanes.
– He also skipped a stop street in the Florida area.
– Another thing – that bus was overloaded, with passengers standing on the stairs near the doors.
The driving behaviour of Metro bus drivers in general is appalling. They are putting other drivers’/ road users’ lives at risk, as well as those of all the passengers on the bus.
It doesn’t help upgrading the fleet of buses because the drivers are incompetent. This typical of how the City’s money is wasted as the City’s employees damage private property as well as the property of the City. And I haven’t even mentioned the fact that the buses aren’t properly maintained.