With only a few days left before school re-opens, this time around you might want to have a plan that will help you get everything ready on time in the mornings.
School mornings can be the worst ever, because you have to rush to get things done early so that you can be on time for work and your children can be on time for school.
Here are some tips to help you get ready on time in the morning:
1) Get breakfast ready at night. Lay out the cereal, oatmeal or whatever your children will be eating the night before.
2) Lay out their clothes the night before.This includes everything that they will need –underwear, socks, pants, shirt, belt and shoes.
3) Have backpacks ready (and lunches) the night before.
4) Pack lunches ONCE for the week and then have them ready each night. In the mornings, the kids can grab their lunch boxes out of the refrigerator and put them into their backpacks.
5) Keep their chores to a minimum in the mornings. On school mornings, all they have to do is put their pyjamas away and make their beds.
6) Eliminate all media in the mornings. If you turn the TV on, you are just setting yourself up for failure.
7) Delegate, have the children help you in the mornings, give them a to do list.
8) Get the children to bed on time, it will help making it easier for them to wake up.
9) When they don’t want to get out of bed, play their favourite dance song.
10) Finish homework the night before – yes, even you mom. Any permission slips to sign? Homework that needs to be checked? Notes from the teacher? If we haven’t checked homework and made sure everyone has what they need, things can get hectic.
Do you perhaps have more information pertaining to this story? Email us at [email protected] (remember to include your contact details) or phone us on 011 955 1130.
For free daily local news on the West Rand, also visit our sister newspaper websites